International Cooperation & Mobility: Grants & Scholarships
Students and researchers who are interested in a study or research period in Austria can find a wide variety of grant and scholarship options at the OeAD.
- Franz Werfel for young university teachers of German literature,
- Ernst Mach Grant,
- Ernst Mach Follow-up Grant (EZA),
- Richard Plaschka for university teachers of history,
- Technology grants (for students from Asian countries),
- Vietnam Austrian Scholarship Programme,
- Indonesian Austrian Scholarship Programme,
- CEEPUS (university networks with Central and Eastern European countries),
- "Aktionen" Grants: Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary,
- JSPS & Monbukagakusho: Japan,
- Third-party funded programmes,
- Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria (Funding for descendants of forced labour workers or for people who come from those countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labour workers)
Most of the grant programmes are financed by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW), some programmes are financed by non-governmental or non-Austrian institutions.