Coming to Austria
- before travelling to Austria please bear in mind the legal regulations pertaining to foreign nationals regarding visas and residence permits
- after arriving in Austria please bear in mind the regulations concerning registering at your place of residence
Click on the category of persons you belong to and you will find detailed information about the necessary entry or residence permits:
- Information for nationals of EU/EEA countries
EU/EEA countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom. Swiss nationals are treated the same as EU/EEA nationals due to an agreement.
- Information for nationals of other countries (third countries)
- Information for OeAD-Scholars
If you have any further questions about the legal regulations pertaining to foreign nationals please contact email@example.com.
Please read the information on our homepage first!
- Please state your nationality, the purpose of your stay and the intended duration of your stay in Austria in your enquiry.
- We only provide information about the entry requirements and procedures. Attention: We cannot enquire or intervene on your behalf with the Austrian authorities.
- We only answer enquiries about the entry and residence regulations related to studying, teaching or undertaking research in Austria.