Coming to Austria
- before travelling to Austria the regulations of the law relating to aliens regarding visas and residence titles
- after arrival in Austria the regulations concerning registration at your place of residence
Click on the category of persons you belong to and you will find detailed information about the necessary entry or residence titles:
- Information for nationals of EU/EEA countries
EU/EEA countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden. Swiss nationals are treated the same as EU/EEA nationals due to an agreement.
- Information for nationals of other countries (third countries)
- Information for OeAD-Scholars
If you have any further questions about the regulations of the law relating to aliens please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the information on our homepage first!
- Please state your nationality, the purpose of your stay and the intended duration of your stay in Austria in your enquiry.
- We only inform about entry requirements and procedures. Attention: We cannot enquire or intervene on your behalf at Austrian authorities.
- We only answer enquiries about entry and residence regulations related to studying, teaching or research in Austria.